Review iClebo YCR-M05-10 Arte Smart Home/Office Vacuum Cleaner and Floor Mopping Robot
Even though there are various home appliances and chores are shared among the family members, the home labor is still largely done by housewife. Actually, the ways to make housewives more comfortable existed for years. The only area in home labor that can be wholly handled by a machine, cleaning. Robot cleaner cleans inside the house by itself instead of the housewife even when there is no one at home. Especially, iClebo Arte from Yujin Robot is equipped with the all of the elements- Smart, the integration of superior technology, Clean, the original function of cleaning robot, Convenient, the easiness to use, and Green, the consideration for environment – thus it is the robot cleaner just right for domestic environment.
- Lithium Ion Battery
- 110 minute charge time for 120-160 minutes run time
- 58db noise level
- Cleaning methods – Vacuum , Brush, and Mop
- Antibacterial Filter
- Sensors include: Camera, IR, PSD, Gyro, Encoder, and Bumper
The iClebo brand is one that has been extremely popular in Asia and is now coming into the United States market at full steam.
The product is one of the best offered in the category of robot vacuums and is worth every penny of the asking price because of the performance it promises on and delivers.
With a sleek black and red design with touch controls, this model will look good on its docking station in any room of your home.
With a timer operation, you can schedule it to operate at any time of the day and with nearly no noise coming from its tiny package, it can even operate in the middle of the night while your family sleeps.
The iClebo Arte was very simple to operate. It’s relatively lightweight compared to other robot vacuums we’ve reviewed, and the remote control adds to its overall ease of use. Each run time in our 4×8-foot test pens lasted a brief 2-to-4 minutes, and it dutifully returned to its dock without any issues — even the Neato and Roomba-brand bots we’ve reviewed occasionally struggled to return to their charging stations. Not so with the Arte.
A full charge lasted about two hours, and it took just under two hours to recharge. The extra features and accessories, like the detangling brush and climb mode, make it easier to customize each cleaning cycle as needed. I was extremely impressed with the Arte in this category, unfortunately that didn’t translate to top performance.
Pros of the iClebo YCR-M05-10
- After the company was founded in the late 1980s, it took some time for iClebo to get into the robotic industry for home appliances. In 2005, they developed their first cleaning robot and showed it off at a home show in Las Vegas.
- As time has passed, the company has continued its rise in the home cleaning robot industry and the iClebo YCR-M05-10 Arte is another product that they have tested to ensure it completes the job as required by the consumer.
- The basic idea behind the iClebo YCR-M05-10 Arte was that there should be a vacuum that combines the best of all features into one small unit.
- That is what iClebo did when they designed a vacuum that combines cleanliness, integration of top of the line technology, convenience, environmentally friendly, and the basic function of a cleaning robot.
- With this product, iClebo believes that they have a product that can compete and be better than many other better known models and brands.
- They believe that and their first place finish in the German Cleaning Robot Performance Test proved that this is the best robot vacuum available.
- One positive aspect of this product is the most when it comes to picking which model to purchase… Cleaning power and coverage. The iClebo YCR-M05-10 Arte is set to clean 94 percent more than rival robot vacuums.
- For those homes that contain dogs, cats, and young children, this is important. Especially if your young child is crawling, you will want your vacuum to get all the dirt and debris, which could cause allergy issues, off the ground.
- When you watch other robot vacuums operate, it could make you dizzy because their technology isn’t perfect. With the iClebo YCR-M05-10 Arte, you will see it make meticulous movements.
- It is able to make these smart movements around its cleaning area because of it stable barrier recognition systems. The device can clean in tight spaces and around corners in residential homes without issue.
- There are 15 built-in sensors that allow it to avoid most obstacles without issue. The IR bumper sensor, is used to detect any possible obstacles in its path, while the mechanical bumper sensor is what will make the iClebo YCR-M05-10 Arte change directions should it run into any hazard.
- Even in those rare times when the vacuum does hit an obstacle, it will do so in a slower speed because of the acceleration sensor.
- While other robot vacuum manufacturers state that their products can get to any corner, only iClebo products have been proven to get all the debris out of this area.
- It can even detect a climb as high as 2 cm and not have its scheduled run affected, while other vacuums might avoid the area.
- The 2 cm threshold the iClebo YCR-M05-10 Arte can reach is the tallest in the industry, which allows you to not worry about your carpeted room being avoided by your vacuum.
- With more than 160 minutes of run time available at the end of each full charge, the iClebo YCR-M05-10 Arte does its part to be environmentally friendly.
- Most robot vacuums feature a 60 minute run time, but with a memory free powerful lithium-ion battery, this product gives you more than double the use in one charge.
- One aspect that hasn’t been touched on as of yet is the iClebo YCR-M05-10 Arte’s ability to vacuum and mop at the same time.
- When on floor surfaces that are not carpeted, this vacuum will be fully functional and ensure your floor is cleaned as much as possible. As soon as it senses carpet, the mopping feature is cut off and you won’t have to worry about a soggy carpet.
- The iClebo YCR-M05-10 Arte also operates very quietly, to the run of 58 decibels and also operates faster than most robot vacuums. One thing that is not lost with this device despite a faster operating time is its cleaning ability.
- In 60 percent less time, you will have clean floors in your small home, apartment, or loft.
- No product is perfect. With technology come technological issues and the iClebo YCR-M05-10 Arte is no exception to the rule.
- There are times when the product can lose track of where it is in the cleaning process, both in the same room and through the entire cleaning process.
- One explanation of this could be that one of its many sensors thought there was more to be cleaned in that location, which considering the high level of attention to detail put into this product, is an understandable explanation.
- The iClebo YCR-M05-10 Arte does take some time in larger cleaning areas to piece everything together when first setting it up.
- It can get “lost” when trying to find the docking station or during its scheduled run through your home, bit given a few minutes, will find where it is supposed to go.
- Another complaint some could have about the device involves homes that have small kids or pets and have lots of small toys, or mini obstacles, lying around.
- The iClebo YCR-M05-10 Arte will move away from all of these obstacles, so when you have a scheduled run and don’t have all of these non-permanent obstacles removed, you will notice the difference in the quality of the cleaning cycle.
- If your home requires more vacuuming than the time given on a single charge, the iClebo YCR-M05-10 Arte is supposed to find the docking station, recharge, and return to where it last left off.
- This is a standard operation for most robot vacuums, but there are times when this unit will not return. This could become a problem for you and the cleanliness of your home, especially if it stops cleaning in the same location each time.
- For homes with pets, this could be a major problem, especially if the hair that sheds is longer. This vacuum has its problems collecting longer hair, so add that problem to the not continuing its scheduled run and you could have a messy room.
Despite of the high tech features this is a relative unknown brand in the United States so performance in the real world is a big question mark with the limited number of reviews.
Also warranty claim will be an issue if you’ll not purchase it in a reputable store like Amazon.
But if you’re the type who likes to try something new then the iClebo Arte YCR M05-10 is worth a try.
It has a predictable zigzag pattern (similar to a Neato) and a random pattern (same as a Roomba) that can be used together cleaning one room at a time (it doesn’t say in their manual if it can clean multiple rooms) depending on how dirty the room is.
It also has a mop feature (you don’t need to buy a separate robot for this) just in case you are looking for to wet mop your tiled floors.
It is priced between a high end Roomba and a mid-level Neato.