This bagless Hoover UH72400 upright includes a dusting brush and crevice tool. It weighs 14 pounds and provides helpful features such as brush on/off switch.
Hoover is trying to make you buy a new vacuum cleaner with this release. The Hoover Air Steerable Bagless UH72400 holds a good spot on the upright vacuum cleaners market. You can buy it at a low price and comes with great features that you don’t get in much more expensive machines.
The Air Steerable upright might be light and may be maneuvered with ease and precision but it’s what happens inside that matters. You don’t get a height adjustment setting but the vacuum adjusts its own height so you don’t have to set that up every time you change surfaces. The dirt gets annihilated by the WindTunnel Technology that creates three channels of suction for different types and sizes of debris. And with all that cleaning going on, you don’t have to worry about the filters getting too dirty (and reducing suction power), because Hoover is using a multi-cyclone design in this small vacuum cleaner.
You get 8 cyclones that will keep the air flowing and not clogging the filters. In fact, it’s only weakness lays in its attachments. For all of you who like to use accessories will have a problem. This vac comes only with a 2-in-1 tool. The hose for the extending wand needs to be plugged into a special hole and then plugged out every time you are using it. And that can make some cleaning situations awkward.
Thanks to the WindTunnel Technology, with 3 channels of suction, the Air Steerable picks up debris that would normally be dragged around. Unlike many producers that make multi-cyclonic vacuum cleaners with only 2 cyclones, this baby is powered by the multi-cyclonic design with its 8 cyclones. Thus filters are kept really clean so you don’t lose suction over time.
11 amps at 1300 Watts, which is lower than most uprights. That means it consumes less power, but has the same efficiency as a full size upright vacuum cleaner.
The bin is quite small for an upright: 0.343 gallons. Although you have empty it more often, the seamless one-push button release will make it easy for you to do that.
Filtration system efficiency
With this vacuum cleaner you will get a reusable easy rinse filter made with Level 3 AllergenBlock Technology, so you just have to wash it and it will last if not forever, at least for a long time. Add to that the multi-cyclonic design that keeps the filter clean for longer use and you don’t have to worry about it. The second filtration level is based on HEPA Media.
Weight and Dimensions
14.5 x 12.5 x 44.2 inches. It is a light weight machine – only 13.4 pounds – so you can carry it with ease across stairs and other obstacles. The nozzle has a width of 12.5 inches.
You get a 5 year limited warranty, as in the case of the latest Air Cordless model. I guess the new warranty policy from Hoover takes 5 years as the standard length.
For this price you get some features that more expensive machines don’t have, features like the 3 channels WindTunnel Technology, 8 cyclones design and the Steerable Technology.
What is in the box?
Not many accessories. It only comes with a 2-in-1 accessory which contains a dusting tool for furniture and other surfaces and a crevice tool for cracks and crevices. This vacuum cleaner is not for those of you who like to use a lot of accessories.
Also the extended hose has to be mounted separately to the air flow.
- My house has a lot of bare floors (especially hardwood), and I needed something for the rugs as well. This vacuum does a great job on both, because you can turn the brushroll off and just go from rugs to hard floors to rugs again with one push ofa button.
- By far the best vacuum I have ever used. It’s so simple to maneuver and use, thanks to its Steerable Tech.
- It is really easy to assemble. I was kind of scared at first of its fancy look, but I made it through. My 5 year old boy could mount it in 5 mins.
- You can navigate this vacuum cleaner by a simple turn of your wrist. It’s quite amazing what the swivel base can do. I you
can reach under furniture, thanks to its low profile. Love it!
- I wanted a new nice and light vacuum cleaner and I have made the right decision. I’m also enjoying the suction.
- This low profile design is AMAZING. You can reach under the furniture and other objects with zero effort.
- There is no adjustment for carpet height and it didn’t clean at its full potential.
- The bin is small and you have to empty it quite frequently.
- I would have liked if it had more attachments. I tend to use the wand often. I find annoying to keep changing the hose heads
for every simple task.
- Just the 2-in-1 crevice/dust brush?? I mean common, we’re in 2014! If this Hoover would come with a Powered pet tool, I would definitely say it’s worth it.
- As things are, I think other vacs could be better.
The Hoover UH72400 Air Steerable Bagless Upright is a great vacuum cleaner, but it’s not for everybody. You get some good features and some powerful cleaning tools, but some people need some more accessories for their pets or for other needs that this vac doesn’t cover. But it is a good machine.