Review: Hoover UH70120 T-Series WindTunnel Rewind Bagless Upright Vacuum Cleaner
Deep clean those dirty floors with the Hoover T-Series WindTunnel Rewind Upright Vacuum. The WindTunnel Rewind combines Dual Path WindTunnel Technology for the best carpet cleaning performance, with the benefits of Cyclonic Technology for strong suction power and less filter maintenance. Equipped with a powerful 12 amp motor, the Hoover WindTunnel T-Series Rewind also features a system check indicator. This helps signal when the dust cup needs emptying and when the filter needs cleaning in order to maintain peak performance. A rinsable HEPA filter saves money, too – with no need to buy replacement filters. The WindTunnel Rewind’s other notable features include an auto cord rewind and on board tools for precision cleaning.
Hoover T-Series WindTunnel Rewind Bagless Upright Vacuum, UH70120:
- Only 16.5 pounds – light and easy to use with thorough cleaning power
- Cord Rewind with 25′ Cord – no more winding – gently tap the pedal to activate the 25-Foot Cord Rewind and retract the cord to store neatly inside
- Intuitive Power Controls – conveniently positioned where they should be – right at your fingertips
- 25′ Power Cord – vacuum a large room without re-plugging
- Fabulous Filtration – rinsable filter and high-quality HEPA filter
- No Scuff Bumper – protects furniture when you can’t be as careful as you’d like
- 5 Position Carpet Height Adjustment – adjust as needed to clean all flooring types easily and efficiently
- 8′ Stretch Hose – above-floor cleaning with simple tools
- System Check Indicator – indicates when the filter needs to be cleaned or checked
- Easy Belt Change System & Brushroll Access – simply flip two levers to change the belt or access the brushroll
- Limited 2-year warranty
- Great filtration – dust and allergens stay inside the dust bin.
- Good performance on carpet
- Great on fine debris like powder
- At just 16 pounds relatively light for an upright
- 27 foot cord can rewind
- Versatile –comes with a flexible hose and several attachments that include an air-powered hand tool that works great on stairs and upholstery
- So, so performance on edges
- Motorize brush can’t be turned off so it has a tendency to blow medium to larger sized dirt on hard surfaces
- Flexible hose is short, won’t reach to high ceilings
- There is some concern on the built quality
- HEPA filters have to be replaced periodically so this adds to the running cost
- The belt that runs the beater bar has to be replace once every 12 to 18 months
- A little bit messy to empty
Amazon and Walmart have the best price among online stores I’ve visited.
If you buy it directly from Hoover it’ll cost you around $30 more.
If you buy it in Amazon, you can sign up of the Amazon Vine program and get a free 2 day shipping for free!
This vacuum is great for budget conscious home owners looking for an affordable vacuum without compromising on performance.
It will shine on homes with wall to wall carpeting because it has very good suction and a motorized brush that’ll pick up pet hair, dander, dust and all sorts of dirt off carpet.
It also comes with several attachments that allow this to clean your sofa, chair and even stairs.
The air powered hand tool is basically a hand held brush roll that will work well picking up pet hair on upholstery and stairs.
This though doesn’t come with its faults, since it is considered a “budget vacuum” expect some trade-offs in terms of build quality but heck if you want something built like a tank, you’d have to fork out several hundred dollars for it, this one costs less than $100 so you’d have to set your expectations properly.
Performance wise, it will clean, you just have to properly maintain it to get the most out of it.
- Air-Powered Hand Tool – puts hard-to-reach cleaning in the palm of your hand
- 12″ extension Wand – extends reach of the hose
- Crevice Tool – helps clean nooks and crannies
- Upholstery/Dusting Brush – helps get furniture clean
I have a dyson (an expensive model though many years old) which broke down – have to take it in. Hopefully just a belt. Meanwhile, a friend of a friend with dogs, so happened to mention her vacuum cleaner on FB. So I got the info, specific model, because there are so many very similar (why does there need to be dozens of hoovers-makes no sense). Takes almost zero assembly – literally one single screw. Just ran it through the kitchen, entry, hallway, living room, and one bedroom. The filter was covered with cat fur and the vacuum still had incredible suction. The amount of light dirt and dust (I vacuumed the tops of everything which typically I ignore) and cat fur filled a good amount of the dirt canister. This machine has huge suction even when the filter is loaded up. It doesn’t seem to matter there’s no setting for hardwood – doesn’t need it. I did think it had a headlight, which it does not fyi. Like the rewind feature alot – hope it holds up over time. This is an inexpensive machine compared to my dyson-the hoover canister operates the same way with the bagless and how it detaches and empties. I’d be happy with this hoover if it lasts for a couple of years even. I don’t expect too much longevity given it’s meager price at under $100.
I purchased two hoover T-Series Vacuums. One for each of my granddaughters. They love them. They are amazed by the suction it has and how quiet it is. One said she didn’t realize how much dirt she had in her house and placed a photo on facebook to show us. The other mentioned how great it is for cleaning not only the floor/carpet surfaces, also the edges along the wall/floor area. I am pleased that they are happy with their gifts. One of their friends stated “you know when you are getting older when you are excited about a vacuum cleaner” Also this vacuum is highly recommended by Consumers Report. Great Vacuum, great price.
I bought this almost year ago and loved it so much that I bought another for downstairs but it arrived broken so I returned it. It is a great vacuum. I love that the cord winds on its own. I mean I love that so much!!!! It sucks really, really well. It is small and light weigh. It is about as noisy as any other upright vac. I also love the dust bin and everything is easily taken apart to be emptied and washed if needed. For the price point I couldn’t be happier with the quality. I wish it wasn’t green nut not really a big deal. I loveeeee the button at the top on the handle to turn this bad boy on. Everything about it was like a check mark list of all pros I would have wanted after years of using other vacuums. The only con I have noticed if I run a bit too long it will get really hot around where I am assuming the motor is like around the cord area. I only have a 1500 sq ft house and that would just be one level.
I have been using this vacuum extensively since I bought it, and have found it to be easy to use. It’s lightweight, easy to maneuver, and really gets the dirt. I use it on tile floors, carpet, and wood floors. It goes from one type of flooring to the other with no problem. I don’t necessarily have to change any of the settings or turn off the rotary brush on the hard floors. I vacuumed the tile floor, then wetmopped, and the mop came out really clean. It surprised me, because my previous vacuum didn’t clean hard floors nearly as well as this one does. Changing from floor to hose is a snap, and the hose is quite long. Another great feature is the retracting cord. I love it!! Very smart that they put the foot pedal for it on the opposite side as the cord goes into, so you don’t get your ankle smashed by the plug whipping into the hole! All in all, a very good vacuum. I’d recommend it to anyone.